As 2016 is coming to a close, we want to show our appreciation to our followers for years of encouragement and support. This time, we would like to see your creative side and so we will be holding the first Black Wing Shoe Design contest.
Shoes for the Modern Pinoy Gentleman
One (1) pair leather shoes of your winning design
- Shoe design must be based on our available lasts. Those who follow us on Instagram would be familiar with our in-house lasts.
- Materials are limited to local calf pull up and pullside, lamb and calf napa, patent (color subject to availability) and snake leather.
- Design must keep in line with this year’s theme which is “Shoes for the Modern Pinoy Gentleman”.
- Email entries to blackwingshoes(at)gmail.com with the subject 2016 BWSDC <your name> .
- A write up as to why the design is for for the modern Pinoy gentleman is required.
- Entries must be illustrated with basic specifications such as color and material. It can be an image of a drawing on paper or a computer assisted design.
- Only one entry per person is allowed. Please include your contact details and address so we can get in touch with you in case you win.
- Five (5) entries will be shortlisted and announced by January 3, 2017
- Two (2) winners will be chosen via online voting via likes on our Facebook page. Voting will be from January 3 to January 8, 2017.
- Winners will have their shoe design realized using our standard construction with carabao leather outsoles.
- Entries should be submitted between December 15, 2016; 00:00H and December 29, 2016; 23:59H. All entries submitted before and after the said dates will be disqualified.
I will personally be choosing between the entries for this year. A major criteria would be the relevance of the design and write up in relation to this year’s theme. It doesn’t matter if the illustration is not that good as long as it gets the point across and is realistic.
Thank you for all the support and I hope to get some awesome entries for this event. If this goes well we might make it an annual thing. Now lets get to designing!